If you’re considering using an explainer video for your business but aren’t sure how long it should be, you’ve come to the right place. In this post, we’ll explore all the factors you need to consider when deciding on the length of your explainer video. From the attention span of your target audience to the purpose of the video and more, read on for everything you need to know about choosing the right length for your explainer video.
What is an Explainer Video?
An explainer video is a short video that explains your business, product, or service in a simple and easy-to-understand way. They are usually between 1-2 minutes long and are often used on websites and social media platforms to help potential customers learn more about what you have to offer.
Explainer videos can be extremely effective in helping people understand complex topics or products, and they can also be a great way to build interest and excitement around your brand. If done well, an explainer video can be an extremely powerful marketing tool.
However, not all explainer videos are created equal. There are a few key things you’ll want to keep in mind if you’re thinking about creating an explainer video for your business:
1. Keep it short and sweet: The most effective explainer videos are usually between 1-2 minutes long. Any longer than that and you risk losing people’s attention.
2. Get to the point: An explainer video should be clear and concise – it’s not the time to get creative or try to be funny (unless that’s part of your brand). Stick to the facts and get your message across as quickly and clearly as possible.
3. Use visuals: A good explainer video will use both visuals and audio to help communicate its message. People are more likely to remember information if it’s presented in both formats, so make sure your video is engaging and easy to follow along with.
How Long Should My Explainer Video Be?
About 8 seconds is the average attention span of a person. So, you might be wondering, how long should my explainer video be.
Ideally, your explainer video should be between 2-3 minutes long. This is the sweet spot for getting your message across while keeping your viewer’s attention.
Of course, there are always exceptions to the rule. If you’re selling a complex product or service, you may need a longer video to fully explain everything. And if you’re selling something that’s really short and simple, a minute-long video might be all you need.
Ultimately, it’s up to you to decide how long your explainer video should be. Just make sure it’s engaging and informative, and that it doesn’t drag on too long.
Different Types of Explainer Videos
There are many different types of explainer videos, each with its own unique purpose and style. In brief, here are a few popular types:
1. Animated Explainer Videos: These videos use animation to bring concepts and stories to life in a fun and engaging way. They are often used to explain complex ideas or products in a simple and easy-to-understand manner.
2. Live-Action Explainer Videos: These videos feature real people and settings to help viewers connect with the content on a personal level. They can be used to showcase products, tell stories, or provide instructions.
3. Whiteboard Explainer Videos: These videos use animated drawings on a whiteboard to communicate ideas in a creative and visually appealing way. They are often used to simplify complex topics or offer new perspectives on familiar subjects.
4. Motion Graphics Explainer Videos: These videos use graphic design and animation to create an engaging and visually stimulating experience. They are often used to highlight the features of a product or service or tell brand stories in an exciting way.
5. Screencast Explainer Videos: These videos capture what is happening on your screen as you narrate the footage. They are typically used to provide step-by-step instructions or demonstrations for software applications or websites.
The Best Length for Your Explainer Video
Depending on what you’re selling, your explainer video length can vary. For example, a video explaining a new software program will require more time than one selling a new toothbrush. That said, the average length of an explainer video is 2 minutes and 30 seconds. This gives you enough time to introduce your product or service, explain how it works, and show how it benefits your customer – without boring them.
If you’re not sure how long your explainer video should be, start by writing out a script. Once you have a rough idea of what needs to be included in the video, you can start timing yourself. If you find that your video is running longer than 3 minutes, try to edit it down. People have short attention spans, so shorter videos are more likely to be watched all the way through.
So, what’s the best length for your explainer video? 2 minutes and 30 seconds is a good rule of thumb, but ultimately it depends on what you’re trying to sell and who your target audience is.
Why You Should Use an Explainer Video
If you’re considering using an explainer video for your business but are unsure of how long it should be, this article is for you. We’ll go over the different types of explainer videos and the average length of each so you can make an informed decision about what will work best for your business.
An explainer video is a short video, usually 1-2 minutes in length, that concisely explains what your product or service does and why someone should use it. They are typically animated and often use humor to engage viewers.
Explainer videos are extremely effective at quickly grabbing attention and conveying information in a digestible format. For businesses with limited budgets, they are also an excellent option due to their relatively low production cost.
Now that you know a little bit more about explainer videos, let’s take a look at the different types and their average lengths:
Type I: The 30-Second Explainer Video
This type of video is perfect for businesses with limited time or budget. It’s quick, to the point, and can be used across multiple channels (e.g., social media, website, email marketing). The downside is that you won’t be able to include as much information as you could with a longer video.
Type II: The 60-Second Explainer Video
This type of video offers a happy medium between Type I and Type III – it’s long enough to include more information than the
Tips for Creating an Engaging Explainer Video
1. Keep it short and sweet: The average attention span is only 8 seconds, so you need to make sure your explainer video is concise and to the point.
2. Make it visually appealing: Use bright colors, engaging visuals, and creative graphics to hold your viewers’ attention.
3. Use a relatable story: People are more likely to engage with a video that tells a relatable story that they can connect with on an emotional level.
4. Use humor: A little bit of humor can go a long way in making your explainer video more engaging. Just make sure not to overdo it!
5. Include a call-to-action: End your video with a strong call-to-action that encourages your viewers to take action after watching your video.
Now that you know how long your explainer video should be, it’s time to get started on making one! Keep in mind that the length of your video will depend on a few factors, such as the type of product or service you’re selling and your target audience. However, following these tips should help you create an engaging and effective explainer video that’s just the right length.
Learn More About: What Is An Explainer Video?